About Larry James
Larry's Book Store
I Married My Best Friend's Wife
Relationship Articles MENU
Personal Relationship Coaching
Ask Larry James
Frequently Asked Questions
Media Press Pass - (For Radio, TV, Magazine, Internet & eZINE Producers
Seminars & Keynotes:
Making Relationships Work:
Personally and Professionally
The 10 "Commitments"
Networking: Making the
QuickLinks to Larry's
How to Really Love the
One You're With
LoveNotes for Lovers
Red Hot LoveNotes for Lovers
SPECIAL Book for Business
The First Book of LifeSkills.
LifeWords for Success!
Business Leaders Speak About
Church Leaders Speak About
Relationship Speakers Network:
Representing. . .
Dr. John Gray, Ph.D.
Michael Najarian, M.A.
MORE Good Stuff:
Larry James & Barbara Walters
Larry James' Family Fotos
SPECIAL Relationship Pin Offer!
Links to More Relationship Sites
Larry's eMall - Secure eShopping With Your Mouse!
Special LINKS for
Authors & Speakers:
Authors & Speakers #1
Authors & Speakers #2
Author/Speaker Articles MENU
The Buzz on Being a Shameless NetShaker!
Self-Promote or Disappear!
So You're Writing a Book, Eh?
40+ Ways to Make Your Next
Book Signing an EVENT!!
Radio Station Checklist
Introductions: Their Care
Larry's Book Store
Authors & Speaker Section
Books & Newsletter
Networking Resources for
Authors & Speakers
Here is a list of books and newsletters (and contact info to the authors) that I have found to be most helpful. I highly recommend that you spend a lot of your time continuing to learn everything you can about the book publishing and speaking business.
NOTE: You can view the book cover, read more about the book and read a book review by clicking on each book title.
IMPORTANT - If you have been putting off writing your book OR if you are still struggling
with it, here is a question for you. How do you eat an elephant? Answer: One
bite at a time. You write a book the same way; one page at a time!
- How to Write a Book One Page at a Time by Larry Winget
- 1001 Ways to Market Your Books by John Kremer
John Kremer's "Book Marketing Update" newsletter is an excellent resource
of information! Published by Bradley Communications Corp. Sample copy available
upon request. 800-989-1400 Ext. 432.
- Successful Nonfiction: Tips & Inspiration for Getting Published by Dan Poynter
- The Self-Publishing Manual and Write & Grow Rich by Dan Poynter
- Is There a Book Inside You? by Dan Poynter & Mindy Bingham
Dan Poynter has a twice monthly newsletter called, "Publishing Poynters." It's free.
You can subscribe by clicking here.
- The Complete Guide to Self-publishing by Tom & Marilyn Ross
Marilyn is the Editor of the "SPAN Connection Newsletter" (Small
Publishers Association of North America). Sample copy available upon
- A Simple Guide to Marketing Your Book by Mark Ortman
Mark has written an "easy read" book about what an author and publisher can do to sell more books. His book also includes a step-by-step marketing plan.
- The Economical Guide to Self-Publishing by Linda F. Radke
- Promote Like a Pro by Linda F. Radke
480 940-8787 FAX
With practical, easy-to-follow advice, Linda (an award winning self-publisher) steers the self-publisher throught the maze of the publishing and marketing worlds. Her experience shows up in this book.
- WriterSpeaker.com: Internet Research & Marketing for Writers & Speakers by Carmen Leal
This is the most informative, easy-to-read book I've read on understanding the promotional value of
the Internet. Hundreds of valuable links to writer and speaker sites.
- 101 Ways to Promote Yourself: Tricks of the Trade for Taking Charge of Your Own Success - Raleigh Pinskey
Raleigh knows her stuff! An excellent "self-promoter" who doesn't mind sharing her secrets.
- For Professional Speakers Only - Mike Frank, CSP, CPAE
An incredible resource for professional speakers writen by a master speaker.
- Confessions of Shameless Self-Promoters - Debbie Allen
Definitely the "Self-Promoters Bible!" What an incredible gathering of creative ideas!
- Speaking Successfully: 1001 Tips for Thriving in the Speaking Business - Ken Braly & Rebecca L. Morgan, CSP, CMC
408-244-2268 - Ken
408-244-1199 FAX - Ken
408-998-7977 - Rebecca
408-998-1742 FAX - Rebecca
You cannot afford to be without this book! Excellent content and tons of workable ideas.
- How to Write It: A Complete guide to Everything You'll Ever Write - Sandra E. Lamb
As a professional speaker, I found this book to be a terrific "help-mate" for my business!
- Self-Promotion for the Creative Person - Lee Silber
333 pages of "grrreat self-promotion stuff!
- Be Heard Now!: Tap Into Your Inner Speaker and Communicate with Ease - Lee Glickstein
A "must-read" for professional speakers!
- "Spilled Candy" is a neat 8-page bi-monthly newsletter with lots of
tips for self-promoting writers published and edited by Lorna Tedder. A sample
is available upon request.
P.O. Box 5202
Niceville, FL 32578-5202
850 897-4644 FAX
When will you begin? Isn't it about time?
Click here, then click your browser's "back" button to return to this page.
"There is only one time that is important - NOW! It is the most important time because it is the only time that
we have any power." - Leo Tolstroy, Russian novelist
If you need help. . . ask for it. If not. . . prove it by getting started TODAY!
Find someone who has done what you want to do and do what they did. Excuses put
a drain on the mental energy you need to write the book. Just do it!
Author & Speaker Coaching is available upon request. I'm
happy to help in any way I can.
By the way, the mutual exchange of ideas helps everyone. Feel free to forward the Authors & Speakers link to your author friends. Your ideas,
tips, suggestions, recommendations and comments are always welcome.
Copyright © MM - Larry James.
P.O. Box 12695
Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695
Fax 480 998-2173